ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND DISCLAIMERS
In consideration for being permitted to utilize and operate a motorized pit vehicle on the VIRginia International Raceway (the “Racetrack”) premises at any 2018 season event or activity, the vehicle owner, operators and/or competition entrant:
1. Acknowledges and agrees that the vehicle shall be operated in compliance with the vehicle manufacturer’s operating instructions and/or industry standards, including those regarding riding/driving position and number of passengers and has a minimum seat height of 24 inches.
2. Hereby assumes full responsibility for and assumes the risk of any bodily injury, death or property damage arising out of or related to the use of said vehicles, whether caused by the negligence of owner and/or their operators, Racetrack, off -road vehicle operators or otherwise.
3. Acknowledges and agrees that all operators of said vehicles shall be at least 16 years old, have a valid state-required driving license and carry adequate general liability insurance applicable to the operation of their off-road vehicles and that all operators shall provide such license, proof of insurance and other applicable credentials upon the request of a Racetrack or event official.
4. Hereby acknowledges that the use of motorized off-road vehicles is dangerous and involves the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage.
5. Acknowledges that all registered off-road vehicles MUST display the owner’s current Off-Road Vehicle Registration Sticker provided by VIR on the front left (Driver’s) side of the vehicle. Stickers are not transferable.
6. Agrees that the off-road vehicle will be operated in a responsible manner and according to all additional Racetrack regulations and instructions including, but not limited to, posted speed limits, hours of and allowed locations for operations.
7. Acknowledges and agrees that unsafe or improper operation of the off-road vehicles and/or any violation of regulations and instructions may, at the sole discretion of Racetrack, result in penalties against the owner and/or operators including, but not limited to, immediate impoundment of the off-road vehicle, loss of racing privileges for the day for a first offense, and for the season for the second offense.